Sunday, May 8, 2011

5.8.11

Woke up this morning feeling kind of blah. It's Mother's Day and I miss my mom so much. We had so much fun together. Sometimes we would get a case of the giggles and wouldn't be able to stop. We would go shopping every weekend and out to breakfast and dinner on Saturday and Sunday. Not all was smooth sailing, my mom had problems of her own. If I had to guess now I would have to say she was bipolar as I inherited that from her. She also was a victim of child abuse.

Don't get me wrong she never raised a hand to me. But her mood swings could be hard to deal with. But I accepted her the way she was. I loved her so much. I know her dog Sterling still misses her after 2 and 1/2 years. Amazing how a dog can remember.

If I could remind people of one thing it would be to appreciate your moms. You never know how long you will have them. Remember also that moms are human, they have good and bad days. But you should never hold the bad days against them because even on their bad days they love you with all their hearts.

Have to go get dressed and do some more packing today. I hate packing but this move will put me closer to my children. I want to be a mother that is loved as much as my mother was.

1 comment: